30.4.06

Treasures in the Attic

So Conor has this guitar that his grandfather bought for 50 cents at a yard sale. We went to the guitar shop yesterday to get a new bridge pin. The guy charged us 18 cents too much, so he offered to string it to make up for it. We brought it in. Turns out its a 1958 Gibson LG-0. However, I've been informed that selling it is grounds for divorce. We've got a little too much moolah tied up in saxophones and guitars around here. On a side note, I've decided I want to play the hammered dulcimer. As soon as I figure out how one plays the hammered dulcimer. I'm guessing there are hammers involved.

11 rubber neckers:

camille said...

wow! congrats! are you guys going to play it or sell it? YOU HAVE TO PLAY THE HAMMERED DULCIMER!!!! its the most amazing instrument ever. youde totally be my hero if you learned it.

Bratsky said...

Maybe just start with one of the little 7" guys and work your way up to having those the size of pool tables. ;)

sweetviolet said...

Camille- Conor plays it. It's a little easier to practice the guitar while the baby naps than the saxophone. There was a hammered dulcimer at the guitar shop. I was intrigued...I'll keep you posted!

Bratsky- I have now discovered the autoharp and the zither. The possibilites are endless here.

PAgirly said...

preeeeety!!!

i've said it before and i'll say it again, i'm a sucker for the acoustic guitar.

Ayn Marie said...

how awesome!! I wish I would find something like that in our house...

ChiroMum said...

Thats a beautiful instrument you've got there! I didn't know Conor could play...too cool! Suddenly being reminded of the flutes & cellos laying around...must get them out of storage...one day! I couldn't think of a more perfect fit for you than the zither.

sweetviolet said...

pagirly- my fingers hurt. did you ever try to learn?

ayn- well conor knew all along, the little sneak. he knew i would just see dollar signs if he told me. he was right. i've nary a sentimental bone in my body.

chiro- so when do we start the bee babes on their tiny cellos?

PAgirly said...

eric tried to teach me bass...once. i'm just not cut out to be a musician. however, i CAN play chopsticks and home sweet home on the keyboard. *insert big cheesy grin here*

fat little pug said...

oooooOOOooooo....the zither! that would be fantastic!

fat little pug said...

btw, I LOVE the little talking word verification thing. SO much easier then trying to read those damn letters.

hmmm....what does that say about me?!

Melliferous Pants said...

I like hammers.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space